superbikelife

superbikelife

Monday 11 February 2013

CBR 1000RR First Trackday

20th January 2013 marks the special occasion of being my first track day with the Fireblade. It has been a long time since my last track day because 2012 was a busy year for me and I was buried under tonnes of work at the office.

I was a bit nervous since I only had a few short rides to Genting with the new bike. The pit was packed with riders, some of them are my buddies and I know they are fast. That make me more nervous..hehe, but at least the weather was great.

The Fireblade copes well with my nervousness though. The first few laps I kept making mistakes (missed braking point, braking mid corner..you get the idea) but the bike never protest and throw me up in the air. The bike remain stable, calm and composed in the hand of nervous rider and that gave me confidence as I got familiar with it.  I entered the pit after 5 laps for a quick drink and my buddy Dino told me that my line is good but I should increase my corner entry speed. Thanks for the advice friend!!

I went out again and tried what he told me. This time trying to be smoother with the throttle and brakes. Even with extra corner speed (as I dare) the bike is still extremely stable...and I haven't made any adjustment to it's suspension since I have it! That proves that the Fireblades is a very capable bike. It is so easy to ride. To me the strong point of the bike is it's brakes and how it accelerate. Whilst they may not have the out and out horsepower I'm sure 99% riders won't need that or be able to use it.

As some people say, " You can't ever go wrong with a Fireblade"-they got their reputation for a reason.













No comments:

Post a Comment